Call to Artist
Title of Show – Standing on the Side of Love - Hanging Books Exhibit
“Standing on the side of love" book exhibit is inspired by the UUA's stand for the inherent worth and dignity of every
· Members Exhibit featuring Patricia C. Coleman, Juried and Invitational Book Arts Exhibition
· February 5 through
· Contact – Patricia C. Coleman – (book exhibit only) email@example.com
· Bellevue Gallery email – firstname.lastname@example.org
· Bellevue Gallery invites book artist from
Books can be in any medium with the provision that they each be one of a kind, or created and published in a limited edition, but cannot be a trade edition (i.e. produced commercially by a publishing house or print on demand.
These Artist Books will not be available for handling.
-Artwork displayed will be at the discretion of the gallery.
-All Artist (including Bellevue Gallery Members) are asked to submit a minimum of 3 digital images of your book (one image is to be a close up), no more than 400 dpi in jpg or gif format by submitting to the email@example.com (
-All accepted books are to be hand delivered to the Bellevue Gallery on January 31st between the hours of and . If this is not possible, contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to January 22nd to see if other arrangements can be made. If sending your book by U.S. Postal Service, package it in a reusable box or envelope with sufficient return postage enclosed so that we can return it if unsold. Mail your accepted book to:
Patricia C. Coleman for
Bellevue Gallery, Book Art
-Works mailed must be received in the P.O. Box by
-Insurance is the responsibility of the artist. The Bellevue Gallery is located inside the lobby of the Bloomington Playwrites Project, and all care will be taken to protect and safe guard works. If available for sale, please keep the value of your work below $500.
*Bloomington Playwrites Project will retain 30% of the sale price of your book.
Submission Requirements and fees
-Gallery Member Fee - $45.00/year and $15.00 per exhibition
(See information below to become a Bellevue Gallery Member.
-Bloomington Playwrites Project will take a 30% commission on all artist books sold and will mail you payment unless you and the BPP make other arrangements.
Complete the Entry Form and Submit with your book image submission. Please submit all information requested below in the body of your email.
· Artist Name(s)
· Mailing Address
· Email Address (all communication will be done via email)
· City, State, Zip
· Telephone Number
· Website address
· Description of Artist Book
- Title, materials used, dimensions, edition size (if applicable), etc.
· Brief Personal Bio and statement about book
· Entry fee in the form of a check (cash may be paid to treasurer at a Board Meeting) paid prior to or at the time of delivery.
ALL HAND DELIVERED ARTIST BOOKS NOT SOLD (OR NOT AVAILABLE FOR SALE) MUST BE PICKED UP FROM THE
· UUA launched “Standing on the side of love" this year to promote respect for the inherent worth and dignity of every person. We believe that no person of any immigrant status, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ability level or political view, should be dehumanized through acts of exclusion, oppression, or violence.
· For information about becoming a member of Bellevue Gallery contact email@example.com
· Visit the Bellevue Gallery Website at http://www.bellevuegallery.org
· Visit the Bellevue Gallery Artist Blog – http://bellevuegalleryartist.blogspot.com/